Sharepa: Invest in SGB and secure your future with gold.
Investing in SGBs (Sovereign Gold Bonds), a novel financial product, allows you to purchase gold in the form of bonds issued by the government. Without really possessing any gold, you are able to invest in it. Comparing SGBs to conventional gold investments, there are significant advantages. Due to the government’s support, they offer security and safety and take care of storage issues. SGBs can potentially increase in value and offer interest. Stock markets offer liquidity by allowing you to buy and sell them. To diversify your portfolio and take advantage of the extra convenience of gold’s potential growth, invest in SGBs.
Have any questions about Sovereign Gold Bonds?
- 100% Digital Process
- Minimal Documentation
- Free Account Opening
- Seamless Trading Experience
- 360-degree Investment Solutions
- Expert and Experienced Professionals
- High-quality Service
- Strong Customer Support
Frequently Asked Questions about SGBs
What is Sovereign Gold Bonds?
Sovereign Gold Bonds (SGBs) are government securities denominated in grams of gold. They are issued by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on behalf of the Government of India. SGBs offer investors an opportunity to invest in gold without having to physically hold it.
Key features of SGB (Sovereign Gold Bonds)
- Gold Measurement: Instead of regular money, SGBs are measured in grams of gold. You can start with just 1 gram, making it easy to invest in small amounts.
- Government-Backed: These bonds are issued by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on behalf of the Indian government. So, they’re considered very safe.
- Long-Term Investment: When you buy SGBs, you commit to keeping them for at least 8 years before you can cash them in. Interest Earned: You earn 2.50% interest on your investment every year, which is lower than some other investments but still better than losing money to inflation.
- No Tax on Profits: The good news is that when you sell your SGBs and make a profit, you don’t have to share any of it with the taxman. Your profits are safe from capital gains tax.
Can I sell or transfer my Sovereign Gold Bonds before maturity?
Yes, you can sell or transfer your SGBs before maturity on the secondary market. The liquidity and price may vary, so consider market conditions before selling.
Can I use Sovereign Gold Bonds as collateral for loans?
Yes, you can use Sovereign Gold Bonds (SGBs) as collateral for loans from banks and non-banking financial institutions (NBFCs) in India. However, the loan-to-value (LTV) ratio will vary depending on the lender and the type of loan.
Are Sovereign Gold Bonds listed on the stock exchange?
Yes, Sovereign Gold Bonds (SGBs) are listed on the stock exchanges in India. This means that you can buy and sell SGBs just like any other stock.
Can I hold Sovereign Gold Bonds in physical form?
No, Sovereign Gold Bonds (SGBs) cannot be held in physical form. SGBs are digital bonds, and they are held in demat form in your account with a depository participant (DP).
Can I convert my physical gold into Sovereign Gold Bonds?
Yes, you can convert your physical gold into Sovereign Gold Bonds (SGBs) in India. This is called the Gold Monetization Scheme. Under this scheme, you can deposit your physical gold with a bank or a designated jeweler, and they will issue you SGBs in exchange.
What are market timings?
9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
How should I resolve my queries?
You can call us on 022-61778675 / 78 or drop us an email at email@example.com